Snow Skills Courses, 2018
- If you want to feel confident camping and hiking on snow, this is where you start.
- For 2018, you can choose from 1-day snowshoe clinics, 2-day snow-camping overnights, or the all-inclusive, 3-day weekend outings depending on what you need to learn!
- New for 2018, we have added a unique way to learn your snowshoeing safety skills by basing 2-days of instruction out of a historic Sierra lodge on Donner Summit! There will be daily classroom talks and outdoor skills clinics followed by lodge-cooked meals, a hot tub, and roaring fire for evening stories!
For more information about Snow Basics Courses.
- Ok, so you want to feel comfortable on springtime steep snow, be safe while crossing swollen creeks, and know that you’re confident at higher altitudes!
- For all current and future long-distance thru hikers (NoBo/SoBo PCT, CDT, and JMT) or anyone else who needs to learn their steep snow skills.
- For 2018 we are offering a unique 1-day SAC Clinic taught right where early season backpackers and PCT thru hikers first enter the Sierra near Cottonwood Pass, at Chicken Spring Lake!
For more information about Snow Advanced.